- New Homes
- Existing Homes
- City of Portland Home Energy Score
- Energy Solutions
City of Portland Home Energy Score: Assessments for Home Sellers
City of Portland Home Energy Scores for just $199
With new legislation now requiring homes for sale in the City of Portland include a Home Energy Score on listings, getting a Home Energy Score for your home is now more important than ever. The experts at Westside Home Energy Score, will conduct a quick and compliant assessment of your home and help you get the most from your Home Energy Score. A City of Portland Home Energy Score assessment through Westside will cost you just $199, and can almost always be completed within 24 hours of contacting us!
Ask your realtor about our Westside Preferred Realtor program to see what additional discounts they may be able to offer you on your HES assessment. For more information call our Home Energy Score office at 503-487-0727, email us at 123HES@westsidedrywall.com, or fill out the form on this page.
Are you a Portland realtor? Click here for additional information.
- A City of Portland Home Energy Score is a simple energy efficiency assessment for your home.
- Developed by the U.S. Department of Energy, a Home Energy Score assesses a home’s overall energy efficiency based on its structure, heating and cooling systems, and hot water system.
- It rates your home on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 indicating high energy use and 10 indicating low energy use. The score is regionally adjusted for your climate. The average score for a home is set at 5.
- Your energy score also details facts about your home, estimated energy use, improvements that could be made to your home for higher energy efficiency, and what your new home score might be if you made those improvements.
- As of January 1, 2018, all homes listed for sale in Portland, Oregon, must include a Home Energy Score on their listings. This includes listings on MLS, For Sale by Owner, Zillow, Trulia, Craigslist, and other like platforms. Click here to confirm your municipality.
- This new legislation does not require your home to undergo any upgrades to meet any level of energy efficiency; it only requires a Home Energy Score to be made available to potential buyers.
- $500 penalties will be periodically assessed to sellers who are out of compliance with the City of Portland Home Energy Score program.
How Can I Get a Home Energy Score?
At Westside, we are your Home Energy Score partners. We offer fast turnaround and can get you your Home Energy Score in 24 hours or less. If you are planning to list your home in 2018, sign up to have us conduct a Home Energy Score assessment on your home as soon as this service becomes available
Westside: The City of Portland Home Energy Score Assessor!
What you can expect: We will find a time that is convenient for you and send our certified technician to your home. The process will take about 45 minutes. We are fast, efficient, and will help educate you on your home and its energy status. A report will be given back to you within minutes. We will review the score and help you understand its meaning and impact on your selling power.
- We will clearly explain all recommended upgrades and associated annual energy bill savings
- We are fully versed in all rebates, financing options, and financial incentives available
- Positive scores may increase your buying power with FHA loans!
Planning to put your Portland home on the market soon? Call 503-238-7486 or contact us at 123HES@westsidedrywall.com or Schedule Now to get on our Home Energy Score assessment list today.
With the new ordinance requiring Portland homes to undergo a Home Energy Score assessment before going on the market, we’ve seen many home sellers and realtors concerned about how mandatory energy... Read more