They were always on time, from the supervisor to each team that worked on our ceiling. Everyone was friendly and efficient, and even did a little extra for us that we didn't expect.
Today’s homebuyers are looking for assurance that the home they purchase is energy-efficient. Join the thousands of builders across the country who are using U.S. EPA’s trusted ENERGY STAR label, recognized by 89% of Americans, to give their homebuyers confidence they have made the right choice.
The ENERGY STAR program is a valuable opportunity for builders in the Portland and Vancouver area, but it helps to have some guidance through the process. Westside's experience with the full range of ENERGY STAR builder options gives you an edge. Get all the incentives and benefits your project deserves by partnering with us.
What is an ENERGY STAR New Home?
ENERGY STAR certified new homes are designed and built to standards well above most other homes, delivering energy efficiency savings of up to 30 percent when compared to typical new homes. A new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), delivering better quality, better comfort, and better durability.
Westside Drywall & Insulation will help you qualify for those requirements without adding cost or time to the project. Some of the benefits include:
- Better durability of home systems
- Better comfort for the buyer
- Reduced utility and maintenance costs
- Higher overall value on the new home market
What are the Specifics of an ENERGY STAR Certified Home?
ENERGY STAR certified homes are designed and built to include value-adding energy efficiency features and a combination of materials and equipment that deliver better performance.
- A Complete Thermal Enclosure System that includes comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows, to deliver improved comfort and lower utility bills.
- A High-efficiency Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling System that is designed and installed for optimal performance.
- A Comprehensive Water Management System to protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage.
- Energy-efficient Lighting and Appliances to help keep utility bills low, while providing high-quality performance and longevity.
Many of these features are behind walls, in the attic, and under the foundation. But these hidden details have an impact on the experience of living in an ENERGY STAR certified home, and they add value on the new home market.
Higher Home Values with ENERGY STAR Projects
Ask anyone who lives in an ENERGY STAR certified home to go back to their old home. You'll likely hear that there's no way they'll give up the comfort that came with the ENERGY STAR label on their new home. From the moment you walk in the door of an ENERGY STAR certified home, you'll see, feel, and hear the difference.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes offer better energy efficiency and performance compared to other homes, making them a better value for today and a better investment for tomorrow.
Improve Your Construction Process
- Reduce your construction costs: Building ENERGY STAR certified homes will reduce your lumber costs and offer cost savings through right-sized HVAC units.
- Minimize costly call backs: ENERGY STAR builders report that they have seen a reduction in comfort-related complaints.
- Standardize your building practices: Using ENERGY STAR’s Program Requirements, you can help standardize specs for subcontractors for bidding and work performance purposes.
Tax Credits for Home Builders
Home builders are eligible for a $2,000 tax credit for a new energy efficient home that achieves 50% energy savings for heating and cooling over the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and supplements. At least 1/5 of the energy savings has to come from building envelope improvements.